Top 3 Tips for Sellers
Selling your home is one of the most significant business deals most people will ever make, and yet it’s hardly a “business as usual” transaction. After all, you’re selling a place with memories embedded in the walls – this is where you carried your bride over the threshold, raised your children, and marked their height on the trim. At The Shah Team, we’re always looking out for you.
If you’re looking to list your home, here are our top three tips to help sell your home faster and for top dollar.
Interview potential Realtors®
Did you know that you could interview Realtors®. We highly recommend that you interview two or three Realtors® and compare what they have to offer before you decide which Realtor® is the best fit for you. Dont forget to ask for testimonials about them and their team. Your prospective Realtors® should have these references and accolades readily available for your convenience.
Research the market
Your Realtor® will take many facets into consideration to determine a list price for your home. Ensure you’re up-to-date on the following so you can confidently agree that your home is strategically priced:
- Review prices of what’s currently listed on the market and make sure your home is positioned competitively.
- Ask to see recent sales that are comparable to your property. Compare apples to apples – everything from square footage, location, style of the home to the quality of finishes and sold date should be similar.
- Take note of what is happening in the market. If the market has increased, you’ll want to make sure your property isn’t undervalued.
- Be sure to communicate to your Realtor® any upgrades and renovations that you’ve made.
Dress your home for success
It is important to prepare your home for sale so that it appeals to a large pool of buyers. Here are some of the most sought after qualities and upgrades that buyers are looking for in today’s market, as well as some home improvement steps we recommend.
- Clean and decluttered
- Install hardwood flooring throughout main level (if recommended by your home stager)
- Paint neutral colours throughout
- Replace worn carpet and under pad
- Update light fixtures
- Update kitchen and bathroom counters (if recommended by your home stager)
- Remove any signs of pets
- Update hardware
- Fix foundation cracks (interior and exterior)
- Neutralize odors
For more information, check out www.myshahteam.com for FREE resources which are full of beneficial information, or send your questions in to email@example.com and one of our knowledgeable sales representatives will answer you in a timely fashion.